Reporting to Senior Legal Counsel, the successful candidate will be responsible for in house legal, transaction, corporate and compliance function supporting the Company’s business. The role is based in London.
Documentation and Transaction Management
- Draft, negotiate and finalise for execution:
- Term sheets and letters of intent
- New and used operating/finance lease agreements
- Aircraft sale agreements and novation/transfer agreement
- Aircraft financing and security documents
This will require ability to manage independently on transactions from start to finish, and legal and other services providers and work closely with the various internal departments to
- achieve a timely, cost effective, smooth and error free documentation.
- Drive transactions to closing, including by acting as deal team leader on aircraft and engine leases, sales and deliveries and by drafting, preparing and collecting conditions precedent documents.
- Post-closing administration of transactions, and ensuring bibles and legal folders are complete.
Legal Process Management
- Manage and drive any legal process with an airline, including any bankruptcy or restructuring, or litigation to assert contractual claims. The job responsibility entails being knowledgeable and up-to-date with laws and processes which govern the relevant bankruptcy or reorganisation process, management of such bankruptcy or reorganisation process on behalf of the Company, claim amount finalisations with the inputs from other internal departments, liaising with external counsels for filings and generally keeping abreast of the legal process to avoid missing any deadlines or required action, and management of external legal service providers to ensure a cost-effective service.
Corporate / Compliance
- Draft approval papers for the Company and subsidiaries for presentation and approval in respect of each transaction being managed.
- Ensure adherence to the Legal policies and procedures in respect of transactions managed.
Projects & Others
- Ad hoc business projects as assigned.
We are looking for candidates with at least 5 years of relevant experience in an international aviation law firm and/or aircraft leasing company. You will need to be conscientious and a self-starter, who is capable of independently managing transactions from start to completion.
If you believe you would thrive in a dynamic, team-based company operating in a global business environment, then we would like to hear from you.
Please send or email, in complete confidence, your full CV, with details of expected remuneration to:
Head of Human Resources
79 Robinson Road #15-01
Email: [email protected]