RISK MANAGER, BOC AVIATION (USA)
Based at our office in New York City (USA), the Risk Manager is responsible for risk assessment, credit review and risk monitoring of assigned lessees, prospective lessees and other counterparties including Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) and vendors. The Risk Manager also leads all collections and restructuring activities related to customers and counterparties, reports related risk positions in the portfolio and implements specific measures to mitigate risks.
Reporting to the Head of Risk Management as well as Head of Revenue (BOC Aviation USA), the successful candidate shall take on the following:
Job Description & Responsibilities:
- Conduct formal credit risk and “Know Your Customer” (KYC) reviews of allocated airline customers in the Americas region as well as other counterparties as may be required from time to time. This includes travelling to meet counterparties and undertake on site due diligence. Make firm recommendations based on your assessment and views.
- Produce accurate spreads of counterparty accounts, high quality financial analysis and credit reports for distribution to the Board and Senior Management Committee. Maintain a comprehensive database of counterparty financial information.
- Take ownership of allocated risk counterparties, build relationships at various levels and conduct annual reviews. To be a centre of knowledge on the airline customers and other counterparties for which you are responsible.
- Lead cash collections and restructuring activities for the accounts under your responsibility, work independently to build knowledge of the industry and bring this knowledge to bear in ongoing assessment of individual and portfolio risks.
- Provide strong support for the Aircraft Leasing & Sales team and others in providing prompt responses to requests for views on risk.
- To monitor the overall risk portfolio and prepare various reports related to portfolio monitoring for submission to the Board and Senior Management.
- Degree in Finance or Accountancy with at least 5 years relevant credit analysis and risk management experience in the financial services sector. Knowledge of the aviation sector as well as credit operations and collections experience would be an added advantage.
- Have a strong understanding of financial statements and working knowledge on international accounting standards.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills is a must as you will be meeting with potential clients to discuss aspects of their business.
- Ability to multi-task with good analytical and decision-making skills whilst working on tight deadlines.
- Able to travel internationally on ad hoc basis; often at short notice.
If you believe you will thrive in a dynamic and high performing company operating in a global business environment, please email your CV and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for all applications is 18 September 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.