Operational Data for the Year Ended 31 Dec 2016
12 Jan 2017
BOC Aviation Limited (HKEX Code: 2588, “BOC Aviation”) announces its operational transactions as at 31 December 2016:
Commenting on the operating results for 2016, Robert Martin, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, said “we finished 2016 with strong momentum, deploying all of our IPO proceeds in the fourth quarter of the year. We delivered five incremental widebodies under a purchase and lease back with Air China that included taking delivery of our 250th aircraft from Airbus. In addition, we pipelined incremental business for 2017 with the six A350 aircraft acquired under a purchase and lease back agreement with Qatar Airways and 10 additional A320 family aircraft acquired for delivery onto our orderbook in 4Q2017.”
Key features of 2016 included:
• A portfolio of 284 owned and managed aircraft, with an average aircraft age of 3.2 years and an average remaining lease term of 7.3 years for owned aircraft fleet, weighted by net book value
• Order book of 199* aircraft
• Took delivery of 67 aircraft (including 11 acquired by airline customers on delivery) in 2016
• Signed 79 leases in the year ended 31 December 2016
• Customer base of 68 airlines in 32 countries in the owned and managed portfolios
• Sold 37 owned and one managed aircraft in 2016
• Managed fleet comprised 38 aircraft
• The number of new aircraft delivering in 2017 has increased to 71, of which 86% are now placed with lessees
• Aircraft utilisation maintained at 100% for the year ended 31 December 2016
Note: The percentage figures in the chart above may not add up to 100% because of rounding.
Shareholders and potential investors are reminded that the above operational data for the fourth quarter and full year ended 31 December 2016 are based on the Company’s records and have not been audited or reviewed by the Company’s auditors.
About BOC Aviation
BOC Aviation is a leading global aircraft operating leasing company with a fleet of 483 aircraft owned, managed and on order. Its owned and managed fleet was leased to 68 airlines worldwide in 32 countries as at 31 December 2016. BOC Aviation is listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange (HKEx code: 2588) and has its headquarters in Singapore with offices in Dublin, London and Tianjin. For more information, visit www.bocaviation.com.
For more information, please contact:
Tel: +65 6325 9878
Mobile: +65 9837 9873