BOC Aviation Reports 1H 2018 Results
15 Aug 2018
BOC Aviation Limited (HKEX Code: 2588, “BOC Aviation”) is pleased to announce its unaudited results for the six months ended 30 June 2018.
Robert Martin, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, said: “BOC Aviation delivered an excellent result in the first half of 2018, earning a net profit after tax of US$297 million, which was up 24% compared with the same period last year. Revenue rose 23% from US$670 million to US$825 million, reflecting 19% growth in total assets to US$17.1 billion as at 30 June 2018, as compared with 30 June 2017. Net book value of our fleet grew to US$14.3 billion as we continued our disciplined aircraft investment programme.”
Our financial highlights for the six months ended 30 June 2018 are:
- Total revenues and other income rose 23% to US$825 million
- Net profit after tax was US$297 million, an increase of 24% over the first half of 2017
- Earnings per share of US$0.43
- Total assets increased 7% to US$17.1 billion as at 30 June 2018 from 31 December 2017
- Maintained strong liquidity with US$411 million in total cash and fixed deposits, and US$3.5 billion in undrawn committed credit facilities as at 30 June 2018
- Raised more than US$1.1 billion in new financing
- Portfolio utilisation and cash collection from airline customers of 100% and 99.5%, respectively
Portfolio and Operational Highlights
Our operational transactions as at 30 June 2018 included:
- A portfolio of 487 owned, managed and committed aircraft1
- Owned fleet of 295 aircraft1, with an average age of 3.0 years and an average remaining lease term of 8.3 years, each weighted by net book value
- Order book of 163 aircraft2 scheduled for delivery over the period from 1 July 2018 to 31 December 2021
- Took delivery of 27 aircraft, including one acquired by an airline customer on delivery, in the first half of 2018
- Signed 30 lease commitments in the first half of 2018
- Customer base of 88 airlines in 35 countries and regions in the owned and managed fleet
- Sold 19 aircraft, including one managed aircraft
- Managed fleet comprised 29 aircraft
- 100% of orderbook deliveries scheduled in 2018 are placed with lessees
1 Includes one aircraft subject to finance lease.
2 Includes all commitments to purchase aircraft including those where an airline customer has the right to acquire the relevant aircraft on delivery.
3 Net assets per share is calculated by dividing net assets by total number of shares outstanding at 30 June 2018, and 31 December 2017, in the respective columns. Number of shares outstanding at 30 June 2018 and 31 December 2017 was 694,010,334.
4 Gearing is calculated by dividing gross debt by total equity at 30 June 2018, and 31 December 2017, in the respective columns.
Aircraft Portfolio including Orderbook (as at 30 June 2018, in number of aircraft)
Certain airline customers notified us of their intention to acquire on delivery a total of 14 of our aircraft on order, including five scheduled for delivery in the second half of 2018, comprising six Airbus A320NEO family aircraft, two Airbus A330NEO family aircraft and six Boeing 787 family aircraft.
The first half 2018 financial results presentation slides and unaudited interim condensed consolidated financial statements are available on the Company website at https://www.bocaviation.com/en/Investors/Financial-Results, along with a recording of the earnings conference call that will be made available on 16 August 2018.
About BOC Aviation
BOC Aviation is a leading global aircraft operating leasing company with a fleet of 487 aircraft owned, managed and on order. Its owned and managed fleet was leased to 88 airlines worldwide in 35 countries and regions as at 30 June 2018. BOC Aviation is listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange (HKEx code: 2588) and has its headquarters in Singapore with offices in Dublin, London, New York and Tianjin. For more information, visit www.bocaviation.com.
For more information, please contact:
Tel: +65 6325 9878
Mobile: +65 9837 9873